Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year Tragedy: Firecrackers Burn Apartment In Lagos

A THREE-BEDROOM apartment in Lagos was yesterday morning gutted by fire when some youths in a community, while celebrating the dawn of a new year, threw firecrackers into a compound and which incidentally ignited a spark that led to fire engulfing the premises.
   
Occupants of the affected building, located at 21, Akoko Crescent, Gbadamosi Bus Stop, off Yakoyo, Ojodu Berger, were not around when the fire started.

They were said to have gone to church for the crossover service when the incident happened. According to eyewitnesses, it took the spirited efforts of residents of the area to stop the fire from engulfing the whole building.The residents broke the burglary-proof window to gain access to the apartment to extinguish ravaging fire before the arrival of firefighters. Sadly, a section of the sitting room and the whole of the guest room were badly affected. The incident happened at some minutes after midnight. 

Occupant of the apartment, Mrs. Remilekun Kehinde-Philip, told The Guardian yesterday that the fire damaged several valuables in the apartment.

Source: The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment